Thread: Brabham BT 2
View Single Post
Old 21 Apr 2005, 23:56 (Ref:1558835)   #18
Bryan Miller
Veteran

Bryan Miller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wayne,

As per earlier in this thread , I owned and rebuilt FJ-8-62 , now in the states, it had the rear rocker ride ht. as per yours , FJ-12-62 which I also owned did not , and I simply can't remember about FJ-6-62 , now for sale with Len Selby, the other car here is FJ-3-62 and I think it did, which would make sense as this was Franks 1st car before going to Gavin Youl and Frank building up FJ-8-62 for himself.
Reading your notes on discussion with Frank , A.M. numbers cannot be on a car earlier than a BT14/15/16 series as they were not involved at that stage.
I stand corrected , but believe the majority of early cars were Progress Chassis[ Frank Coltman ] manufacture after the Buckler range .

I have recently been contacted by the new owner of FJ-8-62 in the U.S . to supply info. and photos, which distresses me greatly as this was researched to the nth degree and all notes etc. went with the car , all to be lost by some idiots.

If you require his email please PM me .

Re. chassis plates , when last seen FJ-8-62 still had it's brass plate on dash with 4 rivets.

Bryan.