Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 20 Sep 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3929086)   #3656
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Instead of grid penalties, F1 are looking at using ballast instead.

https://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/146111
I say that proposal is them trying to treat the symptom and not the problem. Quote from article in which Kvyat speaks the truth IMHO...

Quote:
Ballast has also been described as a "bandage" for F1's real problems by Toro Rosso driver Daniil Kvyat.

"I just think there shouldn't be penalties," said Kvyat.

"Maybe now if they see people are struggling with three engines per year, maybe increase this to five, let's say. "OK, teams worked for three, but no one will get penalties.
I think if we can't do as he suggests, to just leave it as is.

Richard