View Single Post
Old 31 Jan 2024, 19:12 (Ref:4194435)   #6
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Evening Jesper, long time no see for me as well! It's been a few years since I was regularly on here trying to make sense of 40-year-old BTCC trivia!

I don't remember where I originally found this, presumably downloaded from some corner of the web, but amongst the stack of old BTCC pics cluttering up my laptop, I have a photo of someone's copy of the race programme (not mine, I definitely wasn't there!), which might shed a bit of light on this question.

Firstly, in Class A, the entry list has car #10, Tom Walkinshaw in a BMW entered by Tom Walkinshaw Racing. The owner of the programme has crossed through the car number, presumably to denote the DNS- but they've also crossed through the model designation and written in '530'. The crossing-out is heavy enough to make it hard to read the original print, but it's either 635 or 535 (presumably the latter, bearing in mind what's already been said about Gp 1 homologation) and the engine size is listed as 3500cc

Secondly, in class B, the printed entry list has a TBA in car #28, an RX7 entered by 'Team Pentax'. There's a handwritten amendment, to write in the driver as H. Tippet - and also to add another RX7, car #33 for Tom

Re: the Rover speculation, yes, Dave Price ran the Dolomite-engined Unipart March F3 effort, so that could well be the origin of the DPR Rover deal