View Single Post
Old 20 Dec 2016, 18:20 (Ref:3697405)   #4
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Tell us all why the series are not amalgamated again? Is there a reason?
It seems that not enough people want this, and as it stands with both championships running viable events and the entries increasing across the board, I don't see it happening anytime soon, unless the financial climate changes and entries start falling off again.
And realistically in the current format there would not be enough time in the day to fit all the races for both championships in the timetable. The only way it could be done is how it was back in the 70's & 80's where everyone raced together and each championship extracted their own points from the overall results at the end of the day. Back then you could have drivers scoring points for three or four different championships in one meeting.

I can't see the organisers going for this though, unfortunately

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Quick question as I'm a bit out of touch with the ever-changing classes. Can you run any two-wheel drive car in the modified class of both series or are there now age-limits on some cars in the MSA championship?
As it stands at the moment there is no age limit for cars in either MSA Supernational or BTRDA Supermodified, and they are almost the same class other than one small difference in the engine rules.