View Single Post
Old 28 Mar 2017, 15:21 (Ref:3722191)   #9
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Was it him who was interviewed on the C4 qualifying show?
The reality is Bernie got eaten by a bigger Pirahna - Chase Cary......the bloke kills with kindness, and I like his style, totally agree a breath of fresh air, all Bernie cared about was screwing over circuits and TV companies for more money to host/show a sport in decline due to pay-TV contracts and a lack of digital media interaction.

I am preying that Ross Brawn fixes the driver safety aspect and designs a real neat set of rules with perspex type canopies, the fully enclosed concepts from RedBull and Mclaren were just epic

Also they need to ditch the stupid exhaust driven generators, its totally not road relevant, and I say this as I work in the automotove powertrain advanced engineering hybrid sector for a living. I really believe they just need to fix the noise issue, which is easily fixed by going twin-turbo to free up the exhaust flow, it would save a lot of cost for the manufacturers. Also I think there is possibly an argument for having a front wheel driven KERS system which is totally independent of the powertrain, much like Audi did with the LMP1 car.......its far more road relevant and would simplify F1 a great deal