View Single Post
Old 13 May 2013, 06:28 (Ref:3246553)   #326
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That picture HProject does cause some concern from an engineering perspective.

At best that will poorly remove only mild rain. there are some pretty snazzy drainage grates made by companies like Hynds and Humes, and I wonder if they could be used in this kind of situation??

Either way, those golf-hole size apertures should be free from detritus, and be connected to sub-soil drains (usually nova-coil style systems, with a drainage aggregate, e.g. scoria placed around it), which should in turn be connected in to the stormwater drainage system, if there is indeed, one to begin with.

Makes me think that the track upgrades are there to provide a good spectacle so long as the rain stays away. Funny how April is normally a fairly dry month in Auckland, suits to Supercar visit just nicely doesn't it!

And BTW my observations about April rainfall rates is subjective, as of course, no one can control the weather. But I bet the drainage would be improved if the next SC visit is pouring down and millions of dollars of cars all end up in the wall just because of poor/cheap design.