Thread: Old Mini photos
View Single Post
Old 29 May 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2887777)   #4
struggie
Rookie

struggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not quite correct but here we go
I ran a mini in tahiti blue under the medway racing development banner for 2-3 years then got help from car colours for this car
Left the sport fo a while (months) and worked part time for david potter and wessex racing looking after david rally cross mini and his two ex works minis CRX90B and LBL45F as well as his wifes mini cooper S.alan then helped with the mini when I was at blazesspeed which then had a 1600CC mini motor in it
I then built a brand new mini clubman (dave pritcard chassis) which I ran under the car coulors banner.after a bad year or two alan and I parted ways and the car was then painted red and was run in belgium and holland germany and austria for a year or two.
My last car was built at gartrac after a chance meeting with dave Bignold (gartrac) who agreed to build a very special car for me a very trick bit of kit we could change a steering rack in about 5 minutes it was all rose jointed around 24 of them raised floor fabricated subframe etc. running a 1500 cc wessex motor the cars main advantage was reliability handling and braking.
Phew