View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2018, 12:23 (Ref:3812629)   #9
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Last time I was there (BTCC media day last week), the pedestrian tunnel under the start/finish straight was closed but you could still get thought the Esses tunnel and walk around the Melbourne Loop back to the paddock.

Tunnel at Coppice was open to pedestrians, although there was a trailer parked in the entrance and temp barriers nearby suggesting it may have been closed at some point. The 'new' vehicle tunnel near McLeans exits outside of the circuit gate so you can't use that to walk between outside and in-field.

New grandstand at Hollywood is significantly bigger than the one infield of the start line. Wasn't open when I was there but suspect the view will be pretty impressive.

The old Paddock Suite building between the pit land and parc ferme was re-opened over the BSB Easter weekend meeting as a bar/restaurant called 'Garage 39'. Guessing that the the long-overdue replacement for Redgate Lodge. Old paddock dinner is still open as well.
The circuit Twitter feed has some photos of the view from the new Grandstand. It's occupying the location the the Donington Park Racing Association Club used to occupy - but a bit higher. So it should be good though possibly a little exposed in certain weather situations.

The pedestrian tunnel under the start finish straight does not seem to have any particular reason to be closed as far as I am aware.

For the Historic Festival I believe there are the usual plans for car clubs and the like on the in field so I would imagine the pedestrian tunnel will be open.

There has been work going on in the area of the Scrutineering bay and the afore mentioned "Garage 39" redevelopment and it may be that the tunnel, as it sits between those two locations, was best kept closed at that time. I would be surprised if that was permanent but you never know ...