Thread: Project C.A.R.S
View Single Post
Old 9 May 2015, 18:02 (Ref:3535903)   #26
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, I was fooled, I was one of the "investors" of this game. I do regret getting involved now, I feel like the original remit was used to pull people in, then the project morphed into something far more generic and mass market. All I wanted was a good sim, which is how it was initially sold, I couldn't care less about the return on the money.

Its funny when I look back to some of the earlier builds and look at what we have now, I just shake my head. Just really dumbed down. The Caterham R500 is a good example. When it was initially appeared it was a delight to drive. Understeered on corner entry, oversteered on the way out, but in a controllable, sliding manner. Now all of that is gone.

I was asked to do some "consulting" on the tracks. They spent weeks in the early stages getting the tracks correct which is why Spa looks pretty good, I poured hours into that track, then they decided it wasn't worth the time and effort, which is why you have Monza and Silverstone which appear the way they do, which is very inaccurate, look at the kerb width, the track camber, the undulations in the middle of Chapel?! Slap dash towards the end.

Really disappointed and I won't be getting involved for pCARS2 (which is already in the prepping stages).