View Single Post
Old 5 Apr 2016, 02:35 (Ref:3630413)   #1
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP1 Privateer. Is it about to go the way of the dinosaurs?

From what I have been reading on various sources out there, it seems the ACO is doing jack about listening to the concerns of not only Rebellion & Kolles teams, but others who "may" be interested in going P1 Privateer?

In typical ACO fashion, they seem to be only concerned with the OEM manufacturers who can fill the ACO car park with their products and invite them to lavish hospitality at the events!

Perhaps if say Audi & Toyota both go away in the future, why would Porsche stay to race itself? Therefore one would assume common sense logic "should" say, let's try and fix the problem before it becomes unfixable, yes or no?

I also read somewhere that it was suggested, not sure if this was from the ACO side or not, that the Cosworth Nissan V6 from their failed P1 factory effort, should become a spec engine for P1 Privateer!!!??? Hang on a minute, we already have a spec class LMP2 looming, which no one yet knows how this will pan out, so why would the very people who are in P1 Privateeer because they do not want anything spec, go for this ridiculous idea? Oh of course, nothing to do with the entrants, perhaps lots of new Nissan products are what's attractive with this suggestion?

Everyone who is involved with the WEC series, I think need to wake up, sit up, open their eyes and realize that serdom has long been dead, and without them, the pompous ACO does not have a series to play Napolean with!