View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2017, 16:25 (Ref:3725888)   #37
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
With Alonso driving in the 500 this year, I think it's time to stop both races clashing.
Perhaps, but with different disciplines being so specialized, this an anomaly. If McLeran were where Ferrari or Mercedes are right now, no chance this happens.

Besides, I like waking up and watching Monaco, then the 500 and top it off with a 600 miler on an American holiday weekend. Greatest single day in motor racing, outside another "day" in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
with a little over a month until the Indy 500 this idea seems like a really late idea in terms of preparation at least...surely if he is serious about the 'triple crown' he should run an oval race once or twice before Indy no?
That was my first thought and the closest I can get to a comparison is Nigel being a rookie and nearly winning the 500, finishing third. He raced at Surfers and crashed at PIR, according to his wiki page. Is this correct? If so, that's not much prep at all before the month of May.