Old 2 May 2016, 20:18 (Ref:3637939)   #2
99hjhm
Rookie

United Kingdom
The Internet
99hjhm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
I am trying to find out what the bore spacing is on a BDG, and then if the 4 inlet tracts ( if that's the right word ) on a lucas slide injection for a BDG are on the same centres or are some of the runners on the inlet manifold angled?

Reason, I have made a few enquires to businesses about slide injection, but no one can be bothered to reply, so I'm going to have to nut it out and find all the stuff myself. I'm looking to put slide injection onto a period HRG Derrington crossflow head on an MGB race engine. I know the bore centres on that are 1-2= 3.4375", 2-3= 3.8750, 3-4= 3.4375". I am hoping BDG is similar enough for me to use that as it is widely available.

While I'm asking, the Derrington head is like any normal head, ie you need an inlet manifold, unlike some BDA/G heads which look to have the inlet runners as part of the head casting so you can bolt the throttle slides straight on. I do not currently have an inlet manifold for the Derrington heads, although they are easy to buy brand new suitable to mount 2 x Weber carburetors on. Would this type of manifold be suitable for slide injection, or would I need a custom made manifold?

Any help/ advice / other will be very gratefully received.
Are you planning mechanical injection?

Do have a set of slides for a BDA/G so will try and check for you.