View Single Post
Old 17 Aug 2011, 21:23 (Ref:2942278)   #9
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Rosputnik View Post
To be honest my only issue with the TTA has been the rules. I'm just not a fan of Solution-F. I would have no issue if they came up with a rule set that was cheaper then NGTC, but still kept production based cars. Would make sense if they just gone with the same rules that Superstars uses?
The Superstars rules are everything TTA doesn't want, performance balanced to the max. And to be frank, I think those rules are pretty terrible aside from the PB issues. So far I'm not convinced by any set of regulations, but NGTC and S2000+ seem not as bad as the rest. We'll see about the DTM when I get to see them in the flesh. But this isn't about rules, not really. It's about a bunch of people who've decided they've had enough and if they're already putting their asses on the line to bring the show they should get a bigger slice of the cake. STCC has been run quite poorly for several years now and needed an overhaul, but this isn't it. What it mainly needed was a good promotor, and more professional people running the show. The basis for a great series for everyone was already there, it was just being squandered.

As far as touring car regulations in general go I expect nothing will work out. Six, seven, maybe eight years from now, a bunch of failed or struggling championships with second hand cars noone wants to buy. If we're lucky maybe these years will teach people to come togeather and write a universal set of regulations instead of splitting the market ever and ever more.