View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2016, 16:03 (Ref:3671905)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Bourdais was unlucky to be paired with Vettel, who is a superstar, but I still think SB could have made a handy career in F1 under different circumstances.

To be fair he was pretty unlucky full stop that year. He ran as high as fourth in his first race, then the engine went, although he was still classified in 7th. In Belgium he was on his way to 3rd place, when he got shuffled back in the pack on the last lap after being hung out to dry by Heidfeld and Fred on wets on a damp track. Then in Monza he qualified in fourth, then the car wouldn't get off the grid. Finally in Fuji he was given a ridiculous post race penalty for a collision that was Massa's fault. It's a shame because I feel he did a better job in the early rounds than Vettel who struggled to complete the first lap of a race.

Either way you have to give Seabas credit for trying as what did he have to prove by staying in America after 4 titles? He needed a new challenge and so what it didn't work out? It hasn't done his career too much harm as he's doing well in America again. But I digress...