View Single Post
Old 12 Sep 2016, 16:57 (Ref:3671913)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
If we go back to Bella's point about pre F1 'dumpees' then who do we specifically single out as debatable cases?

Wickens, Da Costa (although he's still on the firm by default in DTM), Maki, Hartley (still inconsistent in WEC).

Then what about those guys who got a token season for whatever reason like Stoneman who had a rotten time in 3.5 but had been pretty stellar in anything he had (and has since) sat his backside in?

It seems that even RB have accepted that old cliche that a superstar only comes along once in a generation
they're going to regret dropping ilott. that one made no sense at all. he's my lowkey macau favourite if the prema steamroller trips up.

iirc maki (good memory!) stitched himself up with some naughty road car shenanigans? never was entirely sure about wickens, but he seems massively popular with mercedes and dtm so arguably he's a success story. albeit not for red bull themselves same for da costa, i'm glad he got the opportunity his talent deserved in a strong situation and it has definitely given him a launchpad into stuff like formula e too.

i suppose you could say that the guys with a bit of money who have been dropped have made a decent fist of turning lemons into lemonade?