View Single Post
Old 20 Apr 2009, 09:03 (Ref:2445264)   #8
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lovely meeting in a great setting, with good weather (although that wind was bit chilly). Some very good racing augmented with commentary by Ian Titchmarsh and Marcus Pye, it could hardly get better. Except for me; I could have done without dropping my camera and damaging my long lens. However, my photography for the day was saved by the generosity of Glenn Summerbell who lent me a much more valuable lens to attach to my camera body. My thanks to Glenn, who I first met at Silverstone 3 or so years ago, and who has since become my adviser on all things photographic. I probably wouldn't have been able to provide any racing pics for this meeting but for him so, I'm going to plug his site, here:-

http://2004.ukmotorsportpics.com/

It was great to meet up with old friends (you know who you are!) plus meet a few new ones. Finally got to meet Colin McKay and his S type Jaguar, and I was also introduced to Frank Lyons and Chris Alford, but was sorry not to catch up with Morninggents and Delta (were you actually there, Iain?).

Below a few Pit & Paddock shots. The race pictorial review maybe slow, however, as I actually have a pretty busy week ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
HSCC - Cadwell - 19 April 2009 003wb.jpg   HSCC - Cadwell - 19 April 2009 010wb.jpg   HSCC - Cadwell - 19 April 2009 013wb.jpg  

HSCC - Cadwell - 19 April 2009 022wb.jpg   HSCC - Cadwell - 19 April 2009 023wb.jpg   HSCC - Cadwell - 19 April 2009 039wb.jpg