View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2013, 18:35 (Ref:3258653)   #361
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1300 View Post
But this is motorsport there are loop holes and people exploit these holes, and they will continue to do so till even I am long gone.....

blatant cheating, exploiting loop holes...... all boils down to one very simple fact.

Ethics......

I for one wouldnt build or race a car i knew was illegal, Iv being racing in some form for 14 years on an off and can honestly say Iv never knowingly done anything that was even remotely marginable with relation to the rules, I know people that have a win at all cost attitude even if it means breaking bending shaping the rules......
This isnt a FIA histerics issue its a Motorsport wide issues.

I think the big thing for Grp 2 grp A and grp 1 cars at the moment is to get cars out there but encourage the cars to be more period correct or in keeping with the spirit. lets face it several UK Grp 2 cars arent remotely period legal but without these on the grid where would the series be..... It surely needs to be a fine balance.

Its just my view anyway...... an im open for criticism on my views.

In most ways I agree,but what if the organisers had been strict in the first place,not turned any blind eyes to any mates? Would have been completely different had that been the case.