View Single Post
Old 8 Nov 2016, 22:23 (Ref:3686623)   #9
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you all for the answers.
Here I found something in the Ferrari chat.
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/288...s-fiorano.html
ChalStrad in the forum said:
"An XX is a laboratory. It is an experimental car that is also designed for the gentleman driver to exploit. It is no mean feat to put almost 1100 horsepower into the hands of a non professional and put a smile of the driver.
The 488 GT3 is a pure racing car where no concessions are given to anything other than performance.
Power is not everything. Aerodynamics are crucial and the 488 GT3 is an aerodynamic masterpiece"
A 488 is quicker around Vallelunga than a FXXK by about 1 to 1,5 seconds (depending on the BoP the 488 has and, of course, the driver).
It is fair to say that the FXX K (and even the older FXX) annihilates a GT3 racer on the straights and then gets spanked in the twisties.
For example at the end of the straight at mugello I brake 100m earlier in the K than in the F1 and yet at that point I am 8km/h faster in the K notwithstanding the slower exit from the parabolica. Yet, I am 24 seconds / lap faster in the F1 car.
What is important is to compare the comparable."

Last edited by hondafan37; 8 Nov 2016 at 22:51.