View Single Post
Old 7 Aug 2001, 12:03 (Ref:127084)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
it is my first time sorry if I broke any rules. I was racing in Barry Sideways Smith's one hour and the Top Hat one hour and pit crewed for some friends in the Gentleman drivers race. I have an Alfa Gulia Sprint GT which I am also racing at Silverstone Historic Festival.
Spa was everything that I had been led to believe, Thunder storms one minute and glorious sunshine the next. Barry's race was a big grid and etiquette of some drivers a little rough but great fun and Top Hat was, as always, great close class racing. Given that I run a 1600cc steel bodied car my 18/34 starters (30 finishers) was in line with expectations. However as before I was beaten by Lotus Cortina's so hence the interest in reasonably priced FIA cars. It was tiring and weekend just passed (one week later) fair number of us where back out at Castle Combe for HRSR/HSCC meeting.
I think that the Top Hat series is great racing and am pleased to see HSCC are starting to follow suit and add longer races. What class do you normally race in?