Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mythoughtsareracing View Post
That's the thing...
Lotus didn't make the decision to "cull the herd". The teams made the choice. It's some serious spin on Lotus' part to appear like they've done nothing wrong.
It can be spin but I think everyone is capable of seeing through it. Lotus would have a bad reputation with fans if they said they were kicking out Bryan Herta (defending Indy 500 champion race team) and Dreyer & Reinbold (along with Foyt, Panther, and Schmidt the last pre-CART crossover teams left in the field) and those teams didn't have an engine to land on. I was just pointing out if it was a Lotus decision, you'd axe Legge and de Silvestro based on performance.

Quote:
It seems apparent that the teams that are moving away from Lotus also have a bit more in the bank to press the issue. I've heard reports that BHA, at least, is paying off the Lotus lease (all or in part, depending on who you believe) as well as paying full fare on a Honda lease.
Unless there's legal issues on the team's part with breaking away from Lotus, why would you subject yourself to paying two engine leases to enter one car?