View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2009, 09:59 (Ref:2493123)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Race 3 - PBMW

38 starters; 32 Finishers

Sponsored by GAZ shocks, a race over 15 minutes, although in the end it was shorter due to an accident at Russell Chicane. I'm not a great fan of one model racing, but I do love the old E30 and these closely matched drivers and cars provide close and frenetic racing; sometimes too close, and it is probably their misfortune that I was at the Russell Chicane for this pictorial review, since they did provide much opportunity for comment! It was a huge grid of course!

I do not seem to have a good picture of the race winner, Rob Smith who posted fastest lap and made his escape to win by nearly 7.5 seconds whilst the battle for 2nd raged behind slowed his pursuers. So in a rather fuzzy shot, here he is exiting Coram on Lap 2 with already a small gap to Alan Wileman (131), Tony Smith (19) and Tim Wilson (63). The next shot shows the outcome of 3 cars attempting to negotiate the chicane; mayhem really with all the marker posts removed, and no 24, Mickey Daly (who, I hasten to add, was not one of the three) running wide and about to create a dust storm! 8 is Andrew Macgregor, who unfortunately failed to finish. 88 is Geof Beavis who finished 27th. Liam Crilly was in the group battling for 2nd place until a couple of mistakes dropped him to 6th at the flag. He was to do rather better at Cadwell yesterday. Mickey Daly spins; anyone want to buy his car? Andrew Cotterill (77) passes by on his way to 8th, whilst Daly finished 16th.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1712wl5.jpg   IMG_1744wl5.jpg   IMG_1774wl5.jpg  

IMG_1777wl5.jpg   IMG_1783wl5.jpg   IMG_1820wl5.jpg