View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2009, 13:01 (Ref:2493272)   #13
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi John,

Hey, have I mentioned that Tony Ellis's engine is the larger 13B unit...? ;-)

So pleased you caught the decisive moment in the last lap of the first race, my camera had run out of battery so I had no evidence. As those that were there knew it involved getting Tony offline in the previous corner and thus being able to get in his tow - worth another 1000rpm over previous laps and thus close enough to go for the line into the Esses. He was mugged really.

As I was slightly quicker over a lap in qualifying some have tried to suggest it was somehow staged, and aside that not being supported by the facts (13B power vs 12A power on the long straights, and being unable to drive over the top of Tony where I was quicker*) it seems particularly disrespectful to a guy who made no mistakes and has steadily developed his car through this year into a serious proposition. Believe me, I gave it my all.

*Look forward to your report on race two where no doubt you will mention my attempt after all to drive over the top of him. I have served my time on the subject, culminating with a "yellow card" letter served to me during Saturdays Cadwell BBQ by slapping the envelope around my face to ensure all dignity had been thoroughly dispensed with.

Very P8R..!

Stacy.