Thread: Driver 2018 F1 silly season.
View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2017, 01:54 (Ref:3761057)   #359
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
personally, quite happy with the news. its the 2nd seat at Ferrari...they were always going to go for a known quantity who is able to collect points and instinctively know how to support the team.

side note...i dont understand the need for using fridays for third drivers.

it only became an issue after testing was curtailed under the guise of cost cutting and more often then not its comes at the expense of set up time for the actual race day driver.

fortunately more time is being allocated for in season tests...a trend i think will continue as Liberty starts to tackle the cost and prize money aspects of the sport.

that said though, i do like the idea that Prema has put forward (all be it not a new idea). being allowed to run a single customer car in the F1 championship is a notion worth more consideration imo.
Why not a special session for all of the 3rd drivers on the Friday?
Engine mileage gets used up by everyone.

Not at every round perhaps.

An income stream and showing the track to some young fellas and lasses..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House