View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2011, 03:11 (Ref:2819413)   #458
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
. I just don't see the point, it is a known fackt that they wont use the flywheel for road use, so what is the point of developing racing tecnology outside of any regualtions
Where do you get the impression that the flywheel system has no future in road use? My understanding is this is the real reason for developing that system, particularly for urban transportation systems. The Porsche/Williams cooperation in racing is also aimed at proving up the systems ability to save fuel, and the long term advantages that gives in Enduro events.
If the ACO is pressured by Toyota, Honda and Porsche to be allowed to demonstrate new technology I think you can bet that the regs for 2012/13 will reflect that. Audi and Peugot put just that sort of case for diesel and got the result they wanted.
One thing ACO would not like to see is the loss of techological leadership enjoyed by LMP over F1.