View Single Post
Old 23 Jan 2011, 10:39 (Ref:2819474)   #460
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
Where do you get the impression that the flywheel system has no future in road use? My understanding is this is the real reason for developing that system, particularly for urban transportation systems. The Porsche/Williams cooperation in racing is also aimed at proving up the systems ability to save fuel, and the long term advantages that gives in Enduro events.
If the ACO is pressured by Toyota, Honda and Porsche to be allowed to demonstrate new technology I think you can bet that the regs for 2012/13 will reflect that. Audi and Peugot put just that sort of case for diesel and got the result they wanted.
One thing ACO would not like to see is the loss of techological leadership enjoyed by LMP over F1.
because the battery system is far more practical, cheaper and easier to implement then the flywheel system, Porche themselves are using and plan to use only the batery system even on their road 918, I could be wrong, but i seriusly doupt it

read this article about the differences of the systemlink

Last edited by arakis; 23 Jan 2011 at 11:04.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.