View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2018, 23:39 (Ref:3810527)   #70
jdetray
Rookie

United States
Ohio, USA
jdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjdetray should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
curious what our American cousins thought of the SKY coverage...well those who saw it for the first time that is.
The Sky coverage is very good, though I have a couple of minor complaints.

To my ears, the SKY presenters seem to mumble, making them a bit difficult to understand. This is not a matter of British English versus American English -- for the past several years the NBC team in the U.S. consisted of 3 Brits and an Aussie and were easy to understand. The SKY team seem to be chatting casually amongst themselves rather than speaking clearly and directly to the viewing audience. It's a difference in style to which I will no doubt become accustomed.

Also, the SKY presenters seldom identify themselves, so it's difficult (for we newcomers to SKY) to sort out who is speaking, Paul di Resta being a notable exception!

It does not help that ESPN fails to broadcast the SKY pre- and post-session coverage, so all we are getting (so far) are the sessions themselves. This is a terrible decision by ESPN, doing NOTHING to help build the American audience for F1. NBC always gave us extensive pre- and post-session analysis.

Overall, I am happy with the SKY coverage but dreadfully disappointed in ESPN's presentation.

- Jeff