View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2018, 23:50 (Ref:3810528)   #71
supermario21
Racer

supermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsupermario21 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've been a big fan of the Sky coverage. Announcers and analysis is good. I bet Brundle's grid walk will be much better, as well. Never was a big fan of Buxton, who was fascinated by the most minor thing and never interviewed too many big stars on the grid. The Sky team has gravitas that the Americans simply didn't. Also, WatchESPN/ESPN3 (the streaming app) is about 100x better than NBC's Live Extra.

It's amusing hopping on twitter and scanning what people are saying. Many are complaining and wishing the NBC folks were back. Many of the same were complaining about NBC's announcers until now!

There's no point catering to the passionate few. The ESPN deal will be much better for American F1 viewership if the network spends even an ounce promoting it. ESPN2 has been a basic cable channel for decades. NBCSN was/still a premium channel for many. My only complaint was the abrupt breakaway from FP3 and qualifying. They actually stayed on for 10-15 minutes after FP1. I don't need a half-hour, but something more than a couple of minutes would be nice. But it isn't a dealbreaker for me. As long as the racing is live and easily accessible, I'm not complaining.