View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2024, 21:03 (Ref:4190799)   #43
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I was going to say "there's one Bourne every minute." But I won't bother now.

Very good, Peter.

That re-awakens a memory. Back in the 80's (I think) I was driving through Bourne on my home from a busy day in Norfolk, and I saw the top a BRM transporter behind a wall. Being a long time supporter of the car, I stopped to investigate, wandering in to a yard where I found a number of mechanics working on various BRM models. They were quite happy to stop and explain what was about, and I left with a few stick on BRM badges. A shame I had so little time, as I assume that the workshop must have been Raymond Mays old family home. still a magic moment for a passing motorist.