View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3286288)   #4
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
I'm looking at going to see the Macau Grand Prix in the next few years - any general advice would be appreciated

My plan at the moment is to fly into Hong Kong and stay there and use the ferry to get across to Macau for the race days. Grandstand seats are HKD 550 (~£50) though they are on the start/finish straight which won't show much.

Are there any other viewing areas/a charge for general admission or is it just a matter of showing up?
There is a grandstand at Lisboa, at the end of the long straight where the track narrows down a lot. Good for first lap incidents! Apart from that there aren't really any general viewing areas, aside from the start finish straight.

I would say stay in Macau for however long you are there, it is an hour each way on the ferry which could get a bit tedious! You can experience the "interesting" nightlife, and mingle with the drivers and teams then.

Whatever you do though, just make sure you go. It's a great experience!