View Single Post
Old 27 Sep 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3310207)   #27
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Suspecting that there would be many cameras out around the track I decided to stay in the paddock area for the weekend. It was a little cooler there. Plus one could observe people with all sorts of imaging equipment from mobile phones though iPads to point and shoots, bridge cameras and on to a whole range of DSLRs snapping away endlessly. Sometimes capturing the ambiance (one assumes), sometimes concentrating intently on the minutest details that, presumably, no one have previously noticed.

I was especially impressed with those who, as it got somewhat dark under the tented awnings, snapped away in the gloom capturing cars covered with old, tatty, often dirty and dusty car and almost universally dark car covers. Presumably they would use the results in some obscure "Name this car in one" quiz back at their car club in the depths of winter. Maybe I have missed something in the joy of photography but ...

A few snaps from the especially crowded end of the paddock.

The crowding was helped by the big screen over the gates. However as you can see from one of the shots that includes a corner of the screen the kerbs of Angouléme are not to be trifled with.
Attached Thumbnails
600px_Lores_Angouleme_Sunday_ONED7094.jpg   600px_Lores_Angouleme_Sunday_ONED7134.jpg   600px_Lores_Angouleme_Sunday_ONED7228.jpg  

600px_Lores_Angouleme_Sunday_ONED7302.jpg   600px_Lores_Angouleme_Sunday_ONED7305.jpg   600px_Lores_Angouleme_Sunday_ONED7311.jpg