View Single Post
Old 6 Jan 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3700534)   #4758
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've read that article, but it doesn't really explain it. It isn't an LMP2 car. It just isn't. It might be kinda close to the old LMP2 performance area, but it's a bit off the new one, and it just isn't an LMP2 car in any form. Calling it a P2 is a bit...odd. It even says that anyone with an old LMP2 should stick it in a museum and buy a G57. But anyone with an old LMP2 is either wanting a Le Mans car, or is running in AsLMS. The G57-P2 can't do either. It's probably a great track car, and obviously VdeV legal, but it doesn't fill the same niche as the old LMP2s.

But it also doesn't talk about why the G57 just ceases to exist. It isn't even referenced on the website. Ok they had falling outs with ORECA and what not, but it was an important car, despite the build quality and support issues.

I really love Ginetta because it feels like an old fashioned, blokes in a garage, taking on the big boys. It's great. But I don't understand what they're doing with the "G57-Not-a-P2" and the "G57-Doesn't-exist-P3"