View Single Post
Old 28 May 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2699857)   #9
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
Yes it is. In fact, shortly before they launched their first champcar, I remember Adrian saying that they made it their mission to win first time out with every new series they entered. Then came BAR !
Yes I recall that too, after how many debut successes did Adrian realise he was onto something special though I wonder??

The F1 thing was a shame, too many short cuts, wrong management, wrong engines, drivers the whole thing was compromised after the commitment was made etc etc... But as they say that's another story!!

Earlier you made a significant point about the domination of FVL/FOE.....

It's funny, Van Diemen managed the same thing with Formula First AND Forward; those legendary Brands Hatch based single seater serie.'

Actually I'm hoping Bella might take an interest in this one as there's some relevance to F3? She doesn't often venture out of NISS though.... chuckle.