View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2014, 10:04 (Ref:3414678)   #73
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
I have just received the latest issue of Australian Musclecar Magazine, issue 74.

Three questions please that I raise for comment:

1 There is no longer shown the two months it covers. Why?
I am suspicious wth this crowd when they do this sort of thing.

2 The magazine is now 122 pages. It used to be 128 pages.
What really intrigues me is how can you reduce a magazine by 6
pages. It they take out sheets of paper that would be multiples of 4
pages. I just can't see how it can be 6 pages less.

3 8 pages in the middle of the mag are now given over to posters.
Given the "mature" age of the readership, do readers really want
posters or would they prefer 8 pages of stories.
Imagine what my wife would do if I started putting up these posters
in the bedroom. I believe posters are for girls to have of boy
bands and boys to have of exotic supercars.
That is a shame to hear about the latest edition.... especially as AMC is the last big motorsport title left in the Chevron range

I had been pleasantly surprised by the preceeding "Baldwin Ford" cover issue. It seemed to reverse the ever-increasing trend that had set in since Mr Oastler left of more & more V8Supercar stuff encroaching into the magazine... ever since Mr West came in as editor the magazine has also felt more like a 'boys club journal' in some ways as well.

----

AA also seems to be continuing its long downhill spiral as well. I bought my first copy of that in months last week, still too much 'rumour hyping' and not enough proper stories....

It's a real shame given what AA once was. With hindsight, the rot set in with AA back at the start of 1998 when Steve Nally took over as editor, that was when AA seemed to change from giving everything a fair go, to becoming much more V8Supercar and F1 based, with everything else being fitted in only if possible...