View Single Post
Old 16 Oct 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3774483)   #61
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by loon View Post
I been a motorsport fan all my life because I love racing cars, but have little interest in drivers other than being a helmet poking from a car on a sunday afternoon, I always find it strange and a little pervy how some people invest so much love/hatred towards people they do not and will not ever know
Some of the driver vs driver threads can be enjoyable as an exercise in ever-increasingly elaborate and contrived arguments over why one driver is better than the other.
People will go to great lengths to formulate an argument over why their driver is the best, and accept the good natured humour in sometimes increasingly ridiculous points being made.
Others can be good to comment on how, as situations develop, a clear 'victor' emerges between the two drivers concerned.

Others though can get a bit depressing, where individuals will attempt to portray their extreme bias as a sensible, well developed argument. When they are called out on something though, or feel that they are struggling to maintain their position with any credibility, they will resort to childish accusations and vain attempts to drag those who counter their position into aggressive and abusive positions. Sadly, this thread is in the latter category sometimes.