View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3128407)   #25
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Unless GA fully intends to add those cars into the fold...
Hmm, i don't know much about the NASCAR family, but don't see that happening. That would be the death of manufacture involvement in their own Prototype class
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I tried dammit. No one listened

Here's how I see it moving forward:

1. A more open prototype class that would combine the current P1 & P2 classes but lean towards the P2 formula.

2. A spec prototype class. This would allow the new series to mix the DPs and LMPCs until they find a direction.

3. I think you leave GTE alone. I don't know if anyone could justify changing it.

4. GTC/GT3/GTwhatever - This seems like a natural progression to include the GA GT class.

This could be positive. However my opinion on the entire sale depends on what happens to Road Atlanta. I really don't care about the series or cars, that stuff comes and goes, but don't touch my track.
Current LMP's will be scrapped in 2014, so you can strike #1. And likely #2 also.