View Single Post
Old 1 Jul 2013, 06:16 (Ref:3272214)   #7
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
It looks somewhat "Tilkesque" to me eyes, reminds me somewhat of the new Russian track. I like the whole idea and the dragstrip is in the correct spot,what I don't like, is T1 being such a hard braking overtaking spot, that tends to equal mongo-1rst turn-pileups the turn is too slow and too angular, I would for sure put at least one or two flowing sections before the first real overtaking spot arrives, but that's just me and my crazy ideas.
No its not just you, its me too. Hard braking first turns are a no brainer. You don't do them. A sweeping medium speed turn accelerating away into a straight or a series of sweepers allows the field to spread itself without so many major pile ups. Suzuka and Silverstone are good examples and contrast them with other places like Spa and Paul Ricard short circuit when they used it for the French GP....
There are ways to design circuits so they allow the field to find an order without wheel to wheel hard contact.