View Single Post
Old 26 Mar 2015, 14:30 (Ref:3519871)   #973
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I think Ford versus Chevy is a more powerful rivalry than Corvette versus SRT? Oh no, it's Dodge? Not sure sports car fans are that into it, but it is an easier sell for magazine and TV ads to hopefully attract some future fans.

Also, with Chevy being the only manufacturer, the company might decide that racing itself is no longer the best way to promote the company--but I think it more likely that the GM PR team will flood the airwaves with ads about "Chevrolet Power has won every singly Tudor series race this season," not mentioning that the Chevy V8 is practically mandatory in the P-class.
Don't forget that Ford has had the ecoboost V6 on the stove as a P2 engine for some time. Also, it may well be that the Chevy V8 will be too big for the new P2 - the spec euro engine is being bandied about as a 4 liter, one would expect the US rules to keep within range of the ACO. For US P2 it would be reasonable for HPD to be an engine supplier even if not a chassis supplier - they seem happy to have their engine in Ligiers.

OTOH, a really good factory GT war could resonate well in the US. I would prefer it to a lame P series.