View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3749765)   #321
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Am not going to get in to argument again with you

I have more idea than most.

I watch rallying from all over the world and see a thriving sport on closed roads and towns and villages embracing it.

I see no desperation from governing bodies to accidents in places like Italy, France and Spain. I simply see people acting stupidly and getting a bad result.

Same as what happened on the Jim Clark, that incident COULD have been avoided and was caused by numerous mistakes from many parties.

If you want rallying in the UK to carry on and wilt, yes leave it as it is, have rallies with NO fans, no local interest, no involvement whatsoever from the public, you close the sport off completely to the public. It will carry on and be a closed shop, WTF is good about that?

If you are proactive, you push the envelope with education, new ideas, you don't hid behind legislation because you are petrified of it happening again.

If it does, then let it die! It's dying anyway, so let it die. What on earth is the point of rallying if you no one can go and watch it?

No other motorsport in the world exists behind a non spectator blanket, because that is a stupid, nonsensical situation.

They open roads in Belgium, have a ticket system, allow you to go on certain areas and police it properly. How hard is that really?

I couldn't give a toss about regulations, that is for people like you to waffle about. My attention is on the future. And a future without spectators is no future whatsoever.

If you think so, then you clearly have no idea at all about why people get interested or take part in motorsport of any kind.

You cannot ban everyone because your governing body closes shop.

A friend of mine went to a single venue recently, has been attending rallies for 30 years. Asked the CoC if he could go, stayed miles away from the stages while wandering and was still treated like a criminal who was bringing the rally into risk. SO he left and went stock car racing.

He has helped more cars get going, assisted more crews with warnings, warned other crews about impending issues than any single marshal i would think.

It's about education, having a system of attendance that rewards experience, knowledge and say attending a course. Helping marshals, marshals realising that not every fan is a ****** as most of you do.

THAT is what the MSA should be doing, no just retreating, backing off and making rallying a non spectator event.

if that happens the MSA will ahve assisted it dying. not helped it