View Single Post
Old 29 Jan 2018, 15:54 (Ref:3796644)   #74
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
...Little interest from younger viewers coupled with too long a race format to hold their interest...
this has been brought up a few times but is this an issue just facing F1?

seems to me most if not all major sports leagues are struggling with this issue.

no doubt in part because of changing subscription based/paywall TV models, the amount of entertainment choice, multiple TV/internet based devices in a single household, a multitasking generation and the length of the events.

changing viewing habits likely mean that in the long run viewing numbers will be on the decline in traditional (western) markets regardless of the of whether or not FTA/free internet streams become the norm again.