View Single Post
Old 4 Feb 2017, 11:40 (Ref:3709341)   #417
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Make sure if you are applying for a new licence that you have got the same when it is returned, I notice that the powers that be have stopped me driving a seven and a half ton job, is this normal ?
Depends on your age, Gordon. I had to renew mine last year when I turned 70, and I lost all of mine LGV entitlements.

Not complaining, as I have no wish to drive trucks anymore. Having got my HGV Class 1 in 1970 because of grandfathering rights, I sometimes found myself driving trucks more often than doing my proper job. We went through a period of having trucks laden trucks being stolen overnight, even out of secure lorry parks, and I went rushing around the country retrieving our nicked wagons.

Except for one occasion when one of our drivers decided that a liquid lunch would be preferable to eating in a greasy spoon, and when he was poured out of the pub, he couldn't remember where he had parked the truck. I spent about 18 hours scouring West London looking for the blooming thing, it having been reported stolen by our inebriated driver, and I found it a couple of hundred yards from the pub that he had been in, with a windscreen covered in parking tickets. The police are probably still looking for the truck.