View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3764448)   #70
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
You could be right there BJS.

STR was the only team using Brembo brakes at the time. At a track famous for being hard on brakes. The new Brembo brakes introduced for that weekend, according to STR at the time, were 'switched on' much better in the wet conditions. Something the other teams could not achieve with their brakes. STR had a better car set up than the others. Well done to STR.

But before we can talk of the race results, we should look at what happened the day before in qualifying. Quali was an absolute mess. With a mixed result. I mean.. Vettel had claimed pole ahead of Kovalainen, Webber, Bourdais in the other STR, and Rosberg in the Williams-Toyota. With the 'big boys' well down the order. That is nothing really to get too excited about. Well.. for me anyway.
When a team has two cars that both underperform to similar levels, as oppposed to say, one Ferrari qualifying 3rd and the other 8th, in rare conditions, I would chalk that up to the car more so than the driver. It wasn't as though vettel was embarrassed by his teammate. Your vendetta against vettel seems to he reaching fas33's against verstappen.

As for the race, it was dissapointingly boring. The mixed up starting grid had promise, but all it really did was let Hamilton and Bottas skip away. Ferrari has either taken a step backward of late or Mercedes have improved because Ferrari really hasn't looked to be on Mercedes level lately.