View Single Post
Old 2 May 2007, 12:56 (Ref:1904967)   #56
GBRM
Veteran

England
GBRM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Group A

I enjoyed watching the Group A stuff but was more interested in the Production Saloons, as that was what Dad was doing and running/preparing drivers/cars for friends and for business but he still watched with great interest and as a kid I tried to remember what was going on!!

It was a shame that Dad had the accident in '79 and things soured so badly with BL from '80 onwards and that pushed him into Production Saloons but then there were the great battles he had with Graham "Skid" Scarborough in the Capris, the Monzas with Tony Lanfranchi and John Cleland and battling against Squeaker in the BMW 6-Series and Colin Blower and Skid again in the Starions.

Obviously there was the occassional outing in Cosworths, Starion, and even Corrolas and Charades (!!), just a shame not in the Metro at the time (and I don't think he ever raced it when he owned it either).

I think it's great that there's so many people out there with interests in differant cars (even Metros!!) and have kept certain bits of info, as unfortunately minds and people do eventually leave us.