View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2255233)   #10
Gerryc
Racer

United Kingdom
Aylesbury, Bucks.
Gerryc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember doing these JR school days in the early 90s. I reckon that the school must have had a tie-in with somewhere in Japan as most of the pupils seemed to be oriental around that time. One one occasion I was on my own at Coppice when a youg lad (looked about 10) binned it quite well. I got him up on the bank and tried to ask if he was ok etc. when he suddenly burst into tears. Even as we were loading him into the back of the course car 5 minutes later he was still sobbing his heart out, so the comment about the b******g must be spot on. It was a very strange experience.

Luckily I haven't had anyone in tears on the bank since then but one young lady in the Formula Women race at Mallory came very close after crashing her Caterham. It was obvious that shw wanted a quick weep but it was also obvious that she wasn't going to do so in front of a fat, middle-aged, male, marshal; she almost bit through her lip. I couldn't even give her any privacy as we were both on the landing stage (post 4) and there wasn't anywhere elso to go!

Gerry