View Single Post
Old 18 Nov 2009, 19:05 (Ref:2584413)   #7
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I feel hugely sorry for those that have lost their jobs and have that awful uncertainty at any time of the year and even more so at Christmas...

As to the future, hmm that worries me. AFAIK it's blooming difficult to make money out of running a race circuit. I forget the figure that DVLL seemed to be paying to the freeholder in rent but IIRC it was a huge figure and that's before you spend a penny (pun intended!) on upgrading the frankly scabby facilities in the paddock and around the circuit.

There is a pit lane that was clearly designed for bikes, this makes it effectively impossible (IMV) to run international car racing that isn't touring cars.

I suppose with a long enough rent free period a new owner would be able to invest in putting the circuit back together and upgrading the facilities but I'm not sure what return on investment this would bring.

I really hope the place has a future but I don't think I'd take it on.