Old 19 Nov 2009, 13:37 (Ref:2585059)   #12
Ubique
Racer

Falkland Islands
Watching penguins in the South Atlantic
Ubique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piglet View Post
I don't see why MSV would want Donington. What does it add that they don't already have? Surely it would be another circuit to compete with those it already has? The only real advantage of Donington is the lack of problems relating to noise and the lack of a curfew.

The Snet redevelopment is still on hold and I'm not sure anyone has the sort of money that Donington needs spending on it burning a hole in their pocket.
I hope MSV or BARC do take Donington on!! As for the why MSV would want Donington, well for a start it would give them one of the best if not the best race circuits in the UK (yeah I know facillities need updating but I mean the track layout) which already has in place planning permission for upgrade if they so wish. Also it gives them a circuit which isn't either very awkward for most people to get to i.e. Snett or Cadwell or hampered with continued threats of restrictions on timings / amount or meetings they can hold (which may be happening at Brands). Donington would give MSV what they have always wanted, a top circuit that can really take on Silverstone.