View Single Post
Old 24 May 2017, 09:19 (Ref:3735630)   #292
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
It started well and then all hell appear to let loose with leader after leader falling by the way side. Guess who kept his head?

The crowds on Fafe was huge!
I watched the last 2 days highlights last night - it looked like a great event. The number of drivers that lead was impressive - but one by one they fell away and Ogier took the win. I really think Latvala should have parked it after his roll and let Neuville have a clear run through - tooling along in road mode throwing up all that dust blinding Neuville was not great.

The crowds on Fafe were massive weren't they? I guess with that big jump there they know there's going to be action - one of the Skodas landed on its nose and rolled end over end which was an odd one, it didn't seem to fly level like most of the cars - it seemed very nose heavy.

All in all a great event I think - really enjoyed that one.

I see that Citroen have signed Mikkelsen for the next one (replacing Lefevbre) - an interesting move - presumably Citroen have hit the 'panic' button as they're bottom of the pile at the moment.