Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2014, 14:35 (Ref:3393335)   #355
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I wonder who's bright idea that was. I don't understand how its going to cut cost as that was the reason for the proposal.

I wonder which team is going to gain the most if that comes about but the person who designed the cars of the that dominated the previous active era is still doing that today and no doubt would leave everybody else years behind.
This is just another ridiculous idea that results from the strategic group that runs F1.

To be a cost saving measure (if it really could save money) it would need to be the adoption of a proven system available to everyone.
In effect a spec system.

If they have freedom to develop it or have to come up with their own (reinvent the wheel) it will only drive up team costs, separate the sharks from the minnows and fragment the racing further.