View Single Post
Old 7 Jun 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2893087)   #25
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

O.K. I've now had a good think about the whole "proposal", and you know what? Screw it. Really. I hope Ratel gets absolutely zero interest, and after the "summer deadline" the championship buries itself as quickly as possible.

And this comes from a person who was (and still is) a huge fan of old FIA GT Championship, the one with multiple classes, proper cars and longer races. And while I may not like what Stephane has done to the series since he received the world championship status, the new format hasn't been a (huge) disaster either. But c'mon, now they're trying to sell us a product that just screams FAKE in every turn it takes.

I can live with SROs constant, constant, constant performance balancing, but when in addition you start to make BoP tweaks between the classes, it's starts to become just ridiculous. And when you add GT3 class which is already a big mess with no proper regulations or rules, you've got a real catastrophe in your hands. I can already see half of the teams complaining. If you can accurately predict the race results just by looking at FIAs fresh BoP charts, then what's the point...

IF the championship goes ahead, the names I might expect to see are...

GT1 Nissan
GT1 Lambo
GT1 Ford
GT2 Porsche
GT2 Ferrari
GT2 Aston
GT3 everyone, but who cares

Someone might be tempting to bring a GT3 vette or two (if they dare to face SROs anti-Corvette performance balancing), but no-one will be bringing a GT2 due to the downsized engine and lack of available chassises.

While the GT2 BMW might fit your 2009 deadline, you won't see any entered as they're only run by the factory team and cars aren't exactly FIA legal either. Unless you want a special class for them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
Why would manufacturers want to be involved running cars that they don't even sell anymore (eg. Ferrari 430)?
Seeing as you can't enter factory-supported cars anyway, does it really matter... the only ones interested will be the privateers.