View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3144366)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think that they will only be quick if they can get all of the electrical gubbins to work as it should. The ERS will have to make up a much greater percentage of the overall power for the new formula. If that goes belly up during a race, then anyone would then be sitting duck to the likes of HRT, assuming, of course, that they have got themselves a decent setup too. BE doesn't want the cars to run through the pit lane on electric power only, but if I wanted any small advantage over my competitors, I would run my cars through the pit lane on electric power only (hence the reason for 'self-starters' in 2014). I would also ensure that my turbo was working as effectively as possible, and that, by definition, means that it would also be the quietest turbo engine out there. ssssshhhhhh.

Last edited by Marbot; 1 Oct 2012 at 00:29.