Thread: #24
View Single Post
Old 20 May 2003, 01:33 (Ref:604155)   #15
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You can't say you never saw the end of the Bristol race in 1999, it is only one of the most famous confrontations in recent memory.

Terry Labonte spun out with about ten laps to go. I think Darrell Waltrip ran into him. After stopping for new tires during the caution, Labonte restarted at the back of the lead lap. On fresh rubber, Labonte picked through the traffic in a stunning charge to second, behind Earnhardt. Lap 499, Terry passed Dale for the lead. On the final lap, Dale bumped Terry in turn 2 and sent him spinning across the backstretch, taking out Terry and the rest of the lead lap cars except for Spencer, who was as usual too far behind to get caught in the mess. Earnhardt won, Spencer finished second. Dale said afterwards, "I was trying to rattle his cage a little."

I can't believe you missed that.